2,790 crowdsourcing and crowdfunding sites
Unlimited access to all research reports, published within the current calendar year and all prior year's reports.
Basic subscription together with ten one-hour conference calls with massolution analysts.
Crowdsourcing and Crowdfunding Research subscriptions are available separately
This report offers a comprehensive, reality-based assessment of the crowdfunding industry, based on data gathered from 308 funding platforms worldwide and analysis from leading experts active in the industry and in academia. It maps, graphs, and predicts crowdfunding activity by geographic location, category, crowdfunding model (donation, reward, lending, equity, or royalty), activity, dollar amount, success rate, and other essential factors. A Web 2.0 Financing section includes deep analysis of crowdfunding dynamics, legal frameworks worldwide, and possible disruptors. An Outlook section identifies trends, innovations, crossovers, and financial mechanics that will shape the industry's future. This research is the first in a series of three reports aimed at providing reliable and factual information on the global crowdfunding industry.
– Key Findings: Highlights; Predictions; Key Messages; Developments
– About this Research: The 2013CF Industry Report; The Research Team; About massolution
– Crowdfunding Defined: Definition and Taxonomy; Crowdfunding Models
The 2012 Crowdfunding Market
– Market Growth and Composition: Crowdfunding World Map by Total Funds Raised; Growth Rates by Crowdfunding Model; Predictions by Region; Predictions by Crowdfunding Models
– Campaign Statistics: Campaigns Worldwide; Crowdfunding Models
– Funding Probabilities: Threshold-Pledge Systems; Funding Probabilities; The Pledge vs. Pay Out Ratio
– Most Active Categories: Across the Models; Financial vs. Non-Financial Crowdfunding; Individual Models
Web 2.0 Financing
– The Collaborative Web
– Crowdfunding Dynamics: Social Ties; Social Proof; Third-level Acceleration: Strong Ties, Weak Ties, & Beyond
– Legal Frameworks: Global Overview; Key Markets and Initiatives
– Direct Crowdfunding: Case Studies; Applicability; Costs and Benefits of CFPs
– Emerging Crowdfunding Platforms: A New World Map; Niche Platforms; Crowdfunding Models and Threshold-Pledge Systems; Financial Backing
– Capital Inflow: Crowdsourcing Primer; Capital Inflow Distribution
– Developments: Industry Focus / Niche Platforms; Locavesting / Community Platforms; Hybrid Platforms; Enterprise Crowdfunding; Crowdfunding Economic Development; LIVE Crowdfunding