This week we launched the first comprehensive survey of the Crowdfunding industry, and we've already been floored by the early response.
The goal is to build the first source of reliable and factual information on the industry. Here's the types of people and organization this data is bound to help:
- Fundraisers and entrepreneurs require this information to design campaigns and select platforms.
- Investors and donors require this information to direct their pledge and investment decisions.
- The Government, financial regulatory bodies and the financial services industry in general need information to learn about the adoption of crowdfunding and to support it’s development.
- Journalists need this information to support their reporting on the industry.
- Academia needs this information to support their research on crowdfunding models.
- Crowdfunding platforms require this information to develop their market strategies.
"The business of raising funds for new ventures and initiatives is undergoing a profound change. Crowdfunding provides an unprecedented level of opportunity for entrepreneurs seeking access to capital and for investors seeking to gain access to new investment opportunities. Initiatives such as this by Crowdsourcing.org are fundamental to developing an understanding of this new market." -says Darren Westlake, Chief Executive Officer at Crowdcube.
"Efforts like Crowdsourcing.org's Crowdfunding Industry Survey are of critical importance to the establishment of our fledging industry. The data collected will help us understand the crowdfunding industry and help establish crowdfunding as a viable model for raising capital," adds Korstiaan Zandvliet, Chief Executive Officer of Symbid.
Naturally, we need the help of people in the industry to create the first repository of Crowdfunding data, but we don't expect it to be free.
Companies that participate in the survey will receive a complimentary copy of the research report and will also be acknowledged with a profile and contact info to be included in the report. As another way of saying thanks, participating companies will receive special promotion on Crowdsourcing.org. The ten most complete responses will receive a month of media promotion on the site. For more information, instructions and a note about data privacy and our NDA (non-disclosure agreement), visit the survey start page.
We are targeting January 16, 2012 for the completion of the survey. The survey has been designed to allow each completed page to be saved, supporting step-by-step completion. Although we ask participants to complete the survey in its entirety, we do realize that some questions might be difficult to address, therefore partial responses, although less desirable, are acceptable.